In April 2016, Singapore will host the first ever Food Vision Asia event, a forum that brings together senior figures in food R&D, marketing and business strategy from Asian food and nutrition businesses and from non-Asian companies eager to leverage opportunities in this expanding market. The event is building on the success of the annual global Food Vision, attended by more than 400 business leaders from 30 countries since its launch in 2013 and Food Vision USA, launched to great acclaim in 2015.
Knowledge transfer and senior level networking. A comprehensive programme of presentations and debates delivered by leading industry experts will be combined with a platform for in depth discussions and social networking within an exclusive environment.
An exclusive community: Over the course of two days following the Council and General Meeting of Food Industry Asia (FIA) a programme of highly interactive sessions and exclusive evening events will provide the platform for exceptional engagement.
- East meets west: Profitable routes to partnership that provide entry to new markets
- Managing complexity: Navigating complex and evolving regulation
- Efficient and secure: Overcoming supply chain pressure in the face of rapid population growth and an intensifying
- focus on food security
- Focused innovation: Creating foods for the Asian phenotypes
- A balanced diet: Understanding the impacts of Asia’s accelerating shift from cereal-based to protein-based diets as increased affluence drives changing consumer appetites
- Responsible action: The role of the food industry in tackling the double burden of under-nutrition and rising obesity
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Siti Noorbaiyah Abdul Malek, Head of Science& Regulatory Affairs, Food Industry Asia (FIA) and Director, ASEAN Food & Beverage Alliance (AFBA)
- Sam Waterfall, Senior Partner, The Healthy Marketing Team
- Jack Sim, Entrepreneur, businessman and founder of BoP Hub
- Anirban Mukhopadhyay, Professor of Marketing, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Karen Hocking, Head of Government Relations and Industry Development, Complementary Medicines Australia
- Marcos Jank, VP Corporate Affairs & Business Development