In October, consumers expressed high levels of purchase intent for fall-flavored new products, including Nabisco Hot Cocoa Chips Ahoy Cookies that are served warm, Creative Snack Co.’s Apple Cider Yogurt Pretzels and Mediterra’s savory Kale and Pumpkin Seeds nutrition bar, which launched in September, according to Instantly’s most recent Shelf Score.
Instantly’s Concept Test – a real time market research platform that collects feedback from 350,000 primary shoppers in the US and 55,000 in the UK about purchases intent, differentiation, need and value – also found energy products resonated well with consumers in October.
Specifically, consumers indicted high purchase intent for Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes with Energy Clusters, Mountain Dew Game Fuel Berry Lime, and Dunkin’ Donut’s Bakery Series Ground Coffee Vanilla Cupcake. The coffee also taps into the growing desire among consumers for all things birthday cake flavored.
The full list of the top 10 products with the highest purchase intent in October includes:
- Nabisco Hot Cocoa Chips Ahoy Cookies – 78%
- Healthy Choice Café Steamers: Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry – 73%
- Creative Snacks Co. Apple Cider Yogurt Pretzels – 61%
- Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes with Energy Clusters – 58%
- Dunkin’ Donuts Bakery Series Ground Coffee: Vanilla Cupcake – 58%
- Campbell’s Fresh-Brewed Soup K-Cup Pods and Noodle Packets – 57%
- Daiya Black Cherry Greek Yogurt Alternative – 56%
- Mountain Dew Game Fuel Berry Lime – 54%
- Thrive Culinary Algae Oil – 52%
- Mediterra Savory Bar: Kale & Pumpkin Seeds – 50%