We’ve got an amazing lineup of speakers (and a 20% early bird discount) at this year’s FoodNavigator-USA FOOD FOR KIDS summit, from new brands such as Freeli Foods, Brainiac Kids, Tiny Giants, Yumble and Serenity Kids; to established players, from Chobani and Kraft Heinz to Ocean Spray and Mondelez.
Building on feedback from last year's event, we've also included sessions on kids' palates, the science of epigenetics, and the challenges of product testing with kids.
Held at Chicago’s W Hotel November 18-20, FOOD FOR KIDS 2019 will include:
- KIDS AND THE PLANT-BASED TREND: How are parents incorporating plant-based alternatives into their children’s diets? And what are the nutritional implications? With Carrie Schaefer at Linkage Research.
- CONSUMER PANEL: We will open with a panel of local parents, who delegates can quiz about everything from pester power to beverage choices for kids, favorite retailers and restaurants to what they look for on food labels.
- TRAILBLAZERS: Three emerging brands that have developed innovative new products or business models in the kids’ food space will present their innovations live on stage in front of our expert panel featuring Lauren Jupiter at Accelfoods, Matthew Sade at Freeli Foods, and Barb Stuckey from Mattson.
- YOU ARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER ATE: Explore the science of epigenetics with Dr Robert Murray from Ohio State University.
- ARE WE MAKING PROGRESS ON CHILDHOOD OBESITY? The latest stats and insights from the CDC.
- YUCK OR YUM: Product testing with kids with Keren Novack from Curion Insights and Emily Kimmins from Kraft Heinz.
- CAN YOU TRAIN YOUR KIDS TO LOVE BROCCOLI? How are kids' flavor preferences developed? With Dr Catherine Forestell from William & Mary.
- CASE STUDIES: From Gimmies (Chobani) to Freeli Foods, Tiny Giants, Mondelez SnackFutures, and Brainiac Kids, learn from companies building dedicated kids' food brands.
- THE SIZE OF THE PRIZE Hear from SPINS and Euromonitor about the market opportunity for kids' foods and beverages.
- FORMULATING FOR KIDS: From sweetness to texture to flavor, what do kids like? With Yummy Spoonfuls, Peekaboo Ice Cream and more.
- DIRECT TO CONSUMER: Are new business models changing the baby and kids food game? Learn from Yumble co-founder David Parker.
- KIDS BEVERAGES IN FOCUS: What are kids drinking? With Ocean Spray, KRa, Euromonitor, and more.
- THE FUTURE OF BABY FOOD: Is the future fresh? And should babies eat more meat? With Serenity Kids, Fresh Bellies and Raised Real.
- CLEAN LABEL IN FOCUS: Beyond the ingredients list with the Clean Label Project...
- FAST CASUAL FOR KIDS: Can fast-casual for kids be healthy and fun? Learn how BeanSprouts Café found the sweet spot.
Find out more HERE about the event, which is sponsored by DSM, Beneo, Cargill, Curion, the American Egg Board, Frutarom, Lil'Gourmets, Perspective Branding, and Farbest Brands.