FOOD FOR KIDS: What key problems can the food industry solve for parents?
Find out what the pain points are for millennial moms and dads at our FOOD FOR KIDS summit in Chicago November 18-20, when FoodNavigator-USA senior correspondent Mary Ellen Shoup will sit down with a group of local parents on the opening night to discuss everything from pester power to eating out.
In the consumer panel on the opening night, we'll discuss:
- Do the kids eat at the same time as the adults in your house?
- Which mealtimes present the biggest challenges in your household? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Snack time?
- Is it hard to get your kids to eat vegetables? Are they picky eaters?
- Is it hard to find healthy options for packed lunches that your kids will eat?
- What drinks do your kids like and are you happy with the options available?
- What are your kids' favorite snacks and are you happy with the options available?
- Do your kids influence where you do most of your food shopping? If so, how?
- What, if anything, do you look for – or avoid - on product labels?
- What’s it like eating out with your kids?
- Are you happy with the kids’ menu at your favorite restaurant?
FOOD FOR KIDS: What are you feeding yours?
We’ve got an amazing lineup of speakers at this year’s FoodNavigator-USA FOOD FOR KIDS summit, from new brands such as Freeli Foods, Brainiac Kids, Raised Real and Serenity Kids; to established players, from Chobani and Kraft Heinz to Ocean Spray and Mondelēz.
Building on feedback from last year's event, we've also included sessions on kids' palates, the science of epigenetics, and the challenges of product testing with kids.
Held at Chicago’s W Hotel November 18-20, FOOD FOR KIDS 2019 will include:
- KIDS AND THE PLANT-BASED TREND: How are parents incorporating plant-based alternatives into their children’s diets? And what are the nutritional implications? With Michele DeKinder-Smith at Linkage Research.
- TRAILBLAZERS: Three brands that have developed innovative new products or business models in the kids’ food space will present their innovations live on stage in front of our expert panel featuring Lauren Jupiter at Accelfoods, Matthew Sade at Freeli Foods, and Barb Stuckey from Mattson.
- YOU ARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER ATE: Explore the science of epigenetics with Dr Robert Murray from Ohio State University.
- ARE WE MAKING PROGRESS ON CHILDHOOD OBESITY? The latest stats and insights from the CDC.
- YUCK OR YUM: Product testing with kids with Keren Novack from Curion Insights and Emily Kimmins from Kraft Heinz.
- CAN YOU TRAIN YOUR KIDS TO LOVE BROCCOLI? How are kids' flavor preferences developed? With Dr Catherine Forestell from William & Mary.
- CASE STUDIES: From Gimmies (Chobani) to Freeli Foods, Mondelez SnackFutures, and Brainiac Kids, learn from companies building dedicated kids' food brands.
- THE SIZE OF THE PRIZE Hear from SPINS and Euromonitor about the market opportunity for kids' foods and beverages.
- FORMULATING FOR KIDS: From sweetness to texture to flavor, what do kids like? With Yummy Spoonfuls, Peekaboo Ice Cream and KidFresh.
- KIDS BEVERAGES IN FOCUS: What are kids drinking? With Ocean Spray, Rethink Brands, Euromonitor, and more.
- THE FUTURE OF BABY FOOD: Is the future fresh? And should babies eat more meat? With Serenity Kids, Fresh Bellies, lil' Gourmets, and Raised Real.
- CLEAN LABEL IN FOCUS: Beyond the ingredients list with the Clean Label Project.
- FAST CASUAL FOR KIDS: Can fast-casual for kids be healthy and fun? Learn how Bean Sprouts Café found the sweet spot.
Find out more and register HERE.
Check out the latest speakers HERE.
Find out more HERE about the event, which is sponsored by DSM, the Egg Nutrition Center, Beneo, Cargill, Curion, IFF Health (Frutarom), Lil'Gourmets, Sweegen, Ardent Mills, and Farbest Brands.