WEBINAR: Join Plantible, Noblegen, Mattson, Superbrewed Food, and Lever VC to discuss Protein 2.0
Find out tomorrow (Sept 15) in a FREE 60-minute webinar, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, which brings together three exciting startups, an investor in alternative proteins, and a product innovation specialist, to explore the market potential for novel protein sources and discuss how to communicate their benefits to consumers.
- Event: Protein 2.0 from plant-based to fungi, lemna, bacteria, and more
- Date: Wednesday September 15, 2021
- Time: 9.30am PT/12.30pm ET
- Duration of webinar: 60 minutes
AGENDA: In our debate, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, we’ll discuss:
- Protein potential: Assessing the market opportunity for plant-based and ‘alternative’ proteins
- The investor perspective: How are investors viewing the protein landscape?
- Yield and sustainability: What’s the greenest, most efficient way to make high-quality food protein?
- Comparing proteins: Taste, performance, nutrition
- Consumers and next-generation proteins: Labeling, marketing
The first 50 minutes will be devoted to the panel discussion, and we’ll leave the remaining 10 minutes for audience questions to our expert panel:
- Dr Bryan Tracy, co-founder of Superbrewed Food, which is growing a whole food ingredient from a bacteria that’s very high in protein that works particularly well in dairy-free cheeses and other products
- Adam Noble, co-founder and CEO of Noblegen, which is growing an ancient micro-organism called euglena gracilis that naturally produces a range of ingredients from proteins, to beta-glucans with immune health benefits
- Tony Martens, co-founder at Plantible Foods, which is extracting RuBisCO protein from lemna, a fast-growing aquatic plant
- Nick Cooney, founder and managing partner at Lever VC, a venture capital fund making early stage investments in alternative protein companies
- Barb Stuckey, president and chief innovation officer at Mattson, a product innovation company that has worked with scores of players in the food and beverage industry from startups to multinationals
Register HERE for this FREE event, which is sponsored by AIC, Cargill, Merit Functional Foods, and T Hasegawa.