In April 2016, Singapore will host the first ever Food Vision Asia event, a forum that brings together senior figures in food R&D, marketing and business strategy from Asian food and nutrition businesses and from non-Asian companies eager to leverage opportunities in this expanding market. The event is building on the success of the annual global Food Vision, attended by more than 400 business leaders from 30 countries since its launch in 2013 and Food Vision USA, launched to great acclaim in 2015.
Knowledge transfer and senior level networking. A comprehensive programme of presentations and debates delivered by leading industry experts will be combined with a platform for in depth discussions and social networking within an exclusive environment.
An exclusive community: Over the course of two days following the Council and General Meeting of Food Industry Asia (FIA) a programme of highly interactive sessions and exclusive evening events will provide the platform for exceptional engagement.
- East meets west: Profitable routes to partnership that provide entry to new markets. Looking at recent trade agreements and at emerging import - export strategies, we’ll investigate a booming marketplace that’s very much open for business.
- Innovation everywhere: From the creation of superfoods to changing retail relationships and integrated supply chains, we look at transformative innovation that’s bringing new products to market and facilitating the industry’s growth.
- Brave new world: We examine regional and global trends set to transform the way food is created and consumed. From personalised nutrition to changing consumer lifestyles; from mass produced to handcrafted, we’ll track the e-revolution that’s transforming buying behaviours.
- Malnutrition two ways: As consumer eating habits shift we investigate how Asia can overcome under nutrition and avoid the risks of excess. For a region that’s facing nutrient deficiency on one hand and a battle against obesity on the other, we consider the responsibilities of the food industry and public health bodies.
Amongst the line-up of speakers and contributors are:
- Zee Yoong Kang, CEO of Singapore’s Health Promotion Board, will address the role of public and private partnership in consumer education to encourage positive nutrition.
- Anirban Mukhopadhyay, Professor of Marketing at the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology will argue that corporate ‘lean-washing’ is contributing to consumer misconceptions about nutrition and driving up levels of obesity.
- Jerome Del Porto, Senior Director of International Operations for convenience retail giant 7-Eleven will address the potential for constructive collaboration between food manufacturers and retailers.
- Tengku Marina Badlishah, Senior Public Affairs Manager, Nestlé will look at the food industry’s role in tackling malnutrition in Asia
- Karen Hocking, Head of Government Relations and Industry Development at Complementary Medicines Australia will reveal a blue print for success for international businesses looking to enter the Asian nutrition market.
- Sunny Koh, Managing Director of one of Asia’s leading food exporters, the Chinatown Food Corporation, will address east-west trade opportunities arising from a new partnership between Singapore and the European Enterprise Network (EEN).
- Siti Noorbaiyah Abdul Malek, Director of AFBA, will consider what the creation of the ASEA Economic Community and the recent signing of the Trans Pacific Partnership will mean for Asia’s food industry.
- Jack Sim, food entrepreneur and founder of BoP Hub will reveal how a new social business model is transforming the diet of Singapore’s migrant worker community and creating sustainable growth for local businesses.
- Dr Ahmed El-Sohemy, Canada Research Chair in Nutrigenomics at the University of Toronto will discuss personalised nutrition and its implications for today’s food and nutrition industries.
- Jane Barnett, Mintel’s Head of Insight for Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia and India will reveal key trends impacting Asia’s food and drink market.
Download the programme to see the full speaker line-up (so far), the sessions and all the practical information.