In our free-to-attend online Beverage Innovation Summit, FoodNavigator-USA and BeverageDaily have brought together the founders of some of the most successful beverage brands in the business from Mamma Chia, Honest Tea and KeVita to talk about what’s hot, what’s not, what’s next, and what keeps them awake at night.
We’ve also invited market researchers, innovation experts, social media gurus and a merchandising expert to give you an insight into which categories are growing and why; how to use facebook, twitter and other platforms to build your brand; what customization means for beverages (Millennials want what they want, the way they want it); and what retailers are looking for.
REGISTER HERE for the event, which is sponsored by Ingredion, DuPont Nutrition & Health, Glanbia, AIDP and Virun NutraBiosciences, and supported by Hilmar Ingredients, Cargill ViaTech and Kyowa Cognizin.
Our awesome line up of speakers includes:
- Seth Goldman: Co-founder & TeaEO at Honest Tea, now part of Coca-Cola.
- Shaun Roberts: Founder & CEO at Hawaii-based coffee fruit beverage innovator KonaRed.
- Janie Hoffman: Founder & CEO at chia beverages and snacks maker Mamma Chia.
- Bill Moses: Co-founder & CEO at sparkling probiotics & functional beverages expert KeVita.
- Chris Reed: Founder & CEO at natural soda expert Reed’s, the maker of Culture Club Kombucha, China Cola, and Virgil’s Root Beer as well as his flagship ginger brewed ales.
- Pamela Naumes: Senior director of brand engagement at fresh Bolthouse Farms, now part of Campbell Soup.
- Valentina Cugnasca: Co-founder & CEO at maple water company Vertical Water.
- Reuben Canada: Founder & CEO at premium ginger-based beverage maker Jin+Ja.
- Jonas Feliciano, Senior beverages analyst, Euromonitor International.
- Steve Jones: CEO at Fairlife (owned of Core Power protein shakes, in which Coca-Cola is an investor).
- Tom Burkemper: Senior director, merchandising at convenience store giant 7-Eleven.
- Craig McCarthy: Director of strategy at design and innovation firm Altitude, that has worked extensively on beverage concepts such as Margaritaville, which enable consumers to customize their own beverages.
- Philip Bromley: CEO and co-founder at Virun Nutrabiosciences.
- Jeffrey Chester: Executive director at The Center for Digital Democracy.
EVENT BREAKDOWN (timings are in eastern time EST):
11.30am-12.10pm: KEYNOTE: Steve Jones, CEO, Fairlife LLC (Core Power)
The Coca-Cola Company invested in Chicago-based co-operative Fairlife LLC in December 2012, and since then the company’s star has only risen further. Here, CEO Steve Jones introduces the company and its mission, looking at trends in dairy and the ‘protein opportunity’.
He will introduce the Core Power Brand, reviewing its progress in the market to date, before discussing Fairlife milk and how the company feels this addresses consumers’ wants and needs, as well as potential future opportunities for his company.
1.00-1.40pm: TREND-WATCHING: What’s hot, what’s not, what’s next?
What are the fastest-growing beverage categories and which consumer trends are successful firms tapping into? How will new formats such as Keurig Cold change the landscape? Hear from a market researcher, innovation expert, beverage CEO and a leading retailer.
- Reuben Canada, founder & CEO, Canada Enterprises (Jin+Ja).
- Craig McCarthy, director of strategy, Altitude.
- Jonas Feliciano, senior beverages analyst, Euromonitor International.
- Tom Burkemper, senior director, merchandising, 7-Eleven.
2.30-3.10pm: SOCIAL LISTENING: Big Data and Big Beverage
Big data and integrated digital marketing have forever changed the way companies interact with consumers. Learn about the potential concerns of personalized consumer targeting through big data as well as some best practices for using digital media to communicate with consumers.
- Pamela Naumes, senior director of brand engagement at Bolthouse Farms.
- Jeffrey Chester, executive director, The Center for Digital Democracy.
4-5pm: ENTREPRENEURS TO WATCH!
Whether it’s a new ingredient, novel technology, or different way of looking at established categories, disruptive companies are always thinking outside the box. We’ve gathered together some of the best and brightest CEOs to talk about what they’re doing differently.
- Seth Goldman, Co-founder & TeaEO, Honest Tea.
- Janie Hoffman, founder & CEO, Mamma Chia.
- Shaun Roberts, founder & CEO, KonaRed.
- Chris Reed, founder & CEO, Reed’s.
- Valentina Cugnasca, cofounder & CEO, Vertical Water.
- Bill Moses, co-founder & CEO, KeVita.
The event is sponsored by:
Ingredion - a leading global ingredients solutions provider specializing in nature-based sweeteners, starches and nutrition ingredients.
DuPont Nutrition & Health - a leading supplier of sustainable, bio-based ingredients, advanced molecular diagnostic solutions, and ingredients from from probiotic cultures to soy proteins that help support bone-, cardiovascular-, digestive-, immune- and oral health.
Glanbia - a leading global supplier of innovative nutritional solutions for food producers based on whey, specialty grains and other dairy and non-dairy ingredients, plus precision micronutrient premixes and innovative specialty nutritional ingredients.
Virun NutraBiosciences - Virun has developed patented technology enabling the inclusion of difficult-to-use functional ingredients such as long-chain omega-3s EPA+DHA (which are prone to oxidation) in clean-label shelf-stable foods and beverages, at unprecedented levels.
AIDP - a leading supplier of functional ingredients including Magtein, the only form of magnesium shown to effectively cross the blood brain barrier; KoACT, a patented combination of collagen and calcium; Gabiotein Sprouted Brown Rice Protein; Advantein - a pea and rice protein blend, and enVantec vitamins.
...and supported by: Hilmar Ingredients - a leading supplier of dairy ingredients including whey protein and lactose; ViaTech - a groundbreaking new range of stevia-based sweeteners from Cargill; and Cognizin - a proprietary form of citicoline, a potent brain-health nutrient manufactured by KYOWA HAKKO BIO CO.