Indeed, even major products hailed as ‘pacesetters’ by IRI because they do well in their first year on the shelf often fail to live up to their early promise, with sales fizzling out after two or three years, while the real success stories tend to tap into new consumer trends early and nearly always start small, building momentum gradually.
So how can food and beverage companies up their game and give today's ultra-demanding (and tech-savvy) consumers what they want, when - and where - they want it?
This will be the overarching theme of Food Vision USA, a must-attend conference on the food industry calendar that will address questions including:
- American eating habits are changing. But are food retailers still stuck in the 20th century?
- How do you build a completely new food category (on a shoestring)?
- How do Millennials buy food online? And will subscription snacking really take off?
- How do you maintain a challenger brand mentality as a mainstream player?
- Is 3D printing a gimmick or something with real commercial potential for the food industry?
- Are DNA diets ready for prime time, and can edible insects live up to all the hype?
Held at the Drake Hotel in Chicago on October 27-29, Food Vision USA is a unique networking opportunity for CEOs, brand managers, R&D professionals, marketers and labeling and regulatory experts.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Julie Smolyansky, CEO, Lifeway Foods (kefir)
- Kevin Klock, CEO, Talking Rain, parent company of Sparkling ICE
- Peter McGuinness, chief marketing and brand officer, Chobani
- Valentina Cugnasca, CEO, Vertical Water
- Christine Day, CEO, LUVO
- Austin Allan, Totally Important Officer, Tío Gazpacho
- Chris Cornyn, chief innovation officer, Revolution Foods
- Lance Leonard, president and CEO, True Drinks
- Tom Burkemper, senior director, merchandising, 7-Eleven
- Dr Grace Douglas, advanced food technology portfolio scientist, NASA
- Daniel Imrie-Situnayake, Co-founder, Tiny Farms (edible insects)
- Dr Ahmed El-Sohemy, CSO Nutrigenomix
- Dr Guy Miller, chairman & CEO, Edison Pharmaceuticals
- Dr Hod Lipson, professor of engineering (and 3D printing expert), Cornell University
- Chad Arnold, president and CEO, Door-to-Door Organics
- Sean Kelly, CEO, HUMAN Healthy Markets
- Gautam Gupta, CEO, NatureBox
- Dr Kurt Jetta, founder and CEO, TABS Group
- Stephen Gardner, counsel, Stanley Law Group
- David T. Biderman, partner, Perkins Coie
- Nicolas McCoy, MD, Silverwood Partners
To see the program so far, click HERE. We'll update this as we add new speakers...
For full details, and to register, visit the Food Vision USA website or click on the link below:
MUSIC: “Opening Up” by Adam Selzer