The Edge platform, which Cumberland promoted at the exhibition at the Georgia World Congress Centre in Atlanta from January 26-28, is designed to control environmental conditions at poultry houses including breeder, broiler, pullet, layer and turkey facilities.
The system features a main controller, with a 15-inch colour touchscreen created to make navigation and site-wide monitoring quick and easy.
“Edge is the next generation of controllers, a platform designed to evolve and expand with producers and their operations for years to come,” said Adam Weiss, director of North America Protein Technology for Cumberland.
The system completely automates weighing birds to monitor weight gain. “The Edge bin scale keeps track of daily feed consumption with accuracy within two percent, and the feed delivery process is streamlined by automatically notifying feed suppliers when it’s time to reorder,” Weiss explained.
Cumberland, which is based in Illinois in the US, makes poultry production equipment and is a part of GSI, a global brand of Agriculture Company (AGCO).
Product features include
- online remote access via GSIEdge.com, enabling producers to manage and administer multiple sites and houses from the comfort of their truck, office, home or other off-site locations;
- fully dimmable lighting, which works with any lighting technology and controls lighting from low-end output to 100%, without flickering, to keep birds calm and productive;
- LED temperature probes – a patent-pending technology that simplifies installation and eliminates the hassle of having to individually identify the location of each probe;
- the ability to train employees on one system that will work the same anywhere in the world;
- three levels of protection, including triple redundancy and built-in backup mode, which Cumberland claims makes it the safest, most reliable controller in the industry.