The facility, which was completed in May, is located in Ardent Mills’ headquarters, smack-dab in Denver’s walkable downtown, increasing the company’s visibility.
It features “lab-sized flour mills, a wheat quality and bake lab, culinary test kitchen and chef’s demonstration area,” the company said in a press release.
Here’s a list of some of the facility’s features:
- Flour Research Room: Packed with small-scale milling equipment used for milling flour from a variety of hard and soft wheat.
- R&D Applications Lab: A place where Ardent Mills will work side-by–side with customers to “help turn inspiration into innovation in the commercial product development realm.”
- Analytical Lab: A facility to conduct wet chemistry and dough rheology testing.
- Bake Lab: An area to experiment with the baking process using refined and whole wheat flours to create a variety of breads.
- Culinary Center: An area to create new ingredient applications