Founded in 2010 by the father and daughter team of Keith and Hannah Kullberg, Better Bean is “well-suited for the Cultivate Ventures portfolio given our focus on the perimeter of the store with our BluePrint functional beverages, Yves Veggie Cuisine vegetarian offerings and Health Valley refrigerated soup products,” said Beena Goldenberg, CEO of Cultivate Ventures and Hain Celestial Canada.
"We expect to catapult Better Bean's growth by leveraging Hain Celestial's strength in sales, distribution, marketing and brand building, which should allow more consumers to experience Better Beans," said Keith Kullberg, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Better Bean.
Better Bean's products are sold in around 1,400 stores in 44 states today including Whole Foods Market and The Fresh Market.
Launched in 2016, Cultivate Ventures has three aims:
- To invest in the company's smaller brands in high potential categories such as SunSpire chocolates and DeBoles pasta by “giving them a dedicated, creative focus for refresh and relaunch.”
- To incubate small acquisitions until they reach the scale for Hain’s core platforms.
- To invest in health and wellness concepts, products and technology.
Brands that form part of the unit generated revenues of c.$70m in fiscal 2016, and include:
- BluePrint cold-pressed juices and functional beverages.
- DeBoles pastas.
- GG Unique Fiber crackers.
- SunSpire confectionery line.
- Tilda basmati rice.
- Yves Veggie Cuisine meat-free products.
Read our recent interview with Hannah Kullberg HERE.