Date: Wednesday July 19, 2017
Time: 11.30am EDT
Duration: 60 minutes
In the first 45 minutes of our free-to-attend, online 60-minute Food Innovation Forum (moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson), we’ll discuss:
- Can big food still innovate? With many legacy brands struggling to stay relevant to today’s consumers, should big CPG companies throw in the towel and simply buy-in innovation from smaller, sexier, more agile brands?
- What is innovation? A cool product? A new business model? Blue-sky change or incremental updates? What can we learn from successful new launches?
- How is the innovation process changing? What new tools are brands using to get products to market more quickly, and build consumer insights into the process at every stage? Are traditional focus groups becoming passé?
The remaining 15 minutes of the forum - developed in partnership with FOOD VISION USA - will be devoted to Q&A where you can put your questions to our expert panel:
- Greg Fleishman, co-founder and chief operating officer, Foodstirs
- Santosh Padki, CEO, Bare Snacks
- Jason Cohen, founder, Halen Brands, partner Chef’s Cut Real Jerky, SkinnyPop, Core Brands
- Jenny Frazier, SVP of Innovation, Nielsen
- Jim Tonkin, founder and president, Healthy Brand Builders
- Marc Halperin, chief culinary officer, CCD Innovation
FOOD VISION USA - held at the W hotel in Chicago, November 13-15 - brings together a clutch of industry luminaries from Chobani’s new president and COO Tim Brown and Campbell Soup Americans VP R&D Jeff George, to VMG Partners md Wayne Wu and Sir Kensington’s co-founder Scott Norton.
Norton and Wu will join Mattson president Barb Stuckey and Food Future Co CEO Gigi Lee Chang on the opening night session, which will address the question: What is innovation, and who is driving it?
They will also provide expert feedback on stage to our lucky industry trailblazers – three start-ups that are doing the most to drive innovation and champion change.
Other themes we'll address on the conference floor include:
- Where is the plant-based food movement heading?
- What does 'clean label' really mean?
- What's the connection between the gut microbiome and human health?
- Who is winning in the direct to consumer meal kit/meal delivery space and why?
- How will Amazon's deal with Whole Foods change the food e-commerce landscape?
- Big food? Small food? Or smarter food?
- From grass-fed to hydroponics: Food and farming… where next?
- Can we make gelatin without animals?
- Will consumers embrace 'clean' (a.k.a. cultured) meat?
Do you want a FREE place at FOOD VISION USA ?