Over the next 16 weeks, the five startups below will participate in a program offering tailored advice from senior leaders at Kraft Heinz, media training, a dedicated workspace, and access to commercial kitchens and pilot plants at the Kraft Heinz Innovation Center in Glenview, IL.
Kraft Heinz is not taking an equity stake in the companies, but has given each of the companies an initial $50,000 in funding and the opportunity to earn another $50,000 during the program.
The five start-ups are:
- Blake’s Seed Based, which makes seed based snacks free from the top 8 allergens.
- BRAMI, which sells pickled lupini beans, a protein- and fiber-packed fresh legume snack.
- Ka-Pop! Ancient inGRAINed Snack Co, which makes ancient grain-based snacks.
- Origin Almond, which combines almond juice with superfoods and adaptogens.
- Tiny Giants, which makes organic plant based yogurt snacks for kids.
Read more about Springboard (Expo West booth #5576).
The application period for its third incubator class is open until June 14 for the fall program, which will take place August 5 through November 22.