Find out in our FREE 60-minute LIVE webinar on October 14, which brings together top executives at some of the leading players in the space including Impossible Foods, Beyond Meat, Planterra Foods (JBS), Meati Foods, and The Good Food Institute.
Event: Plant-based meat in focus
Date: Wednesday October 14, 2020
Time: 9.30am PT/12.30pm ET
Duration of live webinar: 60 minutes
AGENDA: In our debate, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, we’ll discuss:
- What’s the size of addressable market for plant-based meat, and is there a ceiling?
- Why is plant-based meat more expensive than conventional meat, and when will we hit price parity?
- What have we learned about how and where to merchandise plant-based meat products?
- As the market becomes more saturated, how are brands differentiating themselves and what factors are shoppers considering beyond taste and price?
- Are plant-based meats healthier and if so, why?
- Is extrusion the only game in town, or are other emerging technologies to texturize proteins showing promise?
- What are the key technical challenges the industry still has to overcome?
- Protein sources: What new protein sources beyond soy, pea and wheat show promise?
- Do you need a background in synthetic biology, data science, and AI to make a decent plant-based burger these days?
- The industry has thus far focused on ‘processed’ products: burgers, sausages, grounds, nuggets… are whole cuts coming next, and what technology will underpin them?
The first 45 minutes will be devoted to the panel discussion, and we’ll leave the remaining 15 minutes for audience questions to our expert panel:
- David Lee, chief financial officer, Impossible Foods
- Chuck Muth, chief growth officer, Beyond Meat
- Darcey Macken, CEO, Planterra Foods (JBS)
- Dr Tyler Huggins, CEO and co-founder, Meati Foods
- Dr David Welch, director of science and technology, The Good Food Institute