The trends – based on an analysis of recent product releases, market intelligence reports, data sources, and social media buzz - include:
• Immunity Boost - "The pandemic has accelerated demand for functional products as concern surrounding health and wellness has increased interest in immune health." Flavor recommendations include: Elderberry, hibiscus, echinacea, ginger, turmeric, and honey
• Breakfast Reimagined: "The breakfast category will experience innovative revamps on familiar favorites with more consumers working and learning from home." Flavor recommendations include Berries, cinnamon, maple, cocoa, and matcha.
• Spicy Revolution: "Brands continue to bring the heat as an emergence of fiery flavor launches will hit store shelves and menus in 2021." Flavor recommendations include: Habanero, chamoy sauce, ghost pepper, guajillo, gochujang, nashville hot, chipotle, and Carolina reaper pepper.
• Plant Protein Power: "The ever-evolving market for plant-based protein has a forecasted compound annual growth rate of 9% from 2019-2023 with a series of new product lineups on the way."
• Taste Exploration: "Products that offer a heightened sensory experience via adventurous taste combinations and flavor exploration will draw consumers experiencing cuisine fatigue while stuck at home." Flavor recommendations include: Birthday cake, salted caramel, peanut butter, churro, mochi, harissa, and yuzu.
• Reduce, Reuse, Upcycle: "Upcycled ingredients will be one of the most popular claims in 2021 amidst heightened consumer demand for ethical, transparent and sustainable products."
To secure your copy of the full report, email email@example.com.