Don Lee Farms vs Beyond Meat protein claims case dismissed, three related suits from different plaintiffs still moving through courts
Three related proposed consumer class action complaints** filed by other plaintiffs accusing Beyond Meat of over-stating the percentage daily value (%DV) of protein on multiple products, however, are still moving through the courts.
Read more about protein labeling HERE.
*The case is Don Lee Farms vs Beyond Meat Inc and Ethan Brown. 2:2 2-cv-03751 filed June 2, 2022, in the US district court, central district of California.
**The other cases are: Garcia et al v. Beyond Meat. 4:22-cv-00297 filed Sept 9, 2022; Miller v. Beyond Meat, Inc. 1:22-cv-06336 filed July 26, 2022; Roberts et al. v Beyond Meat. 1:22-cv-02861 filed May 31, 2022
Interested in meat alternatives?
Register for our upcoming FREE-to-attend virtual summit: Futureproofing the Food System, November 15-17, which features a session on 'The Future of Meat' featuring Beyond Meat CEO Ethan Brown on the afternoon of Nov 15:
- Ethan Brown, co-founder and CEO, Beyond Meat
- Dr Lisa Dyson, founder and CEO, Air Protein
- Dr Tyler Huggins, co-founder, Meati Foods
- Abena Foli, head of regulatory affairs, Orbillion Bio
- Dr Elliot Swartz, lead scientist, cultivated meat, The Good Food Institute