Abrams-Riveria is currently president of North America Zone, overseeing Kraft Heinz’s US and Canadian operations. Prior to his time with the business, he has held a number of senior positions with prolific food and drink manufacturing companies, including Mondelēz International and Campbell.
Commenting on Abrams-Riveria’s appointment, departing chief executive Miguel Patricio said: “His strategic and innovative mindset is ideal to continue to propel Kraft Heinz forward on our path to greatness. Since joining Kraft Heinz in 2020, he has consistently delivered strong results in the North American retail and Away From Home businesses.
Confidence and experience
“Carlos’ experience in both developed and emerging markets complements our ambition for growth. I feel privileged to entrust Carlos with the leadership of this great company and I am confident that Kraft Heinz is poised for more growth in the years to come.”
Abrams-Riveria succeeds Patricio, who has served as chief executive since 2019 and chair of the board since 2022. Patricio will transition to the role of non-executive chair of the board from the start of 2024.
Jack Pope, lead director of the board said: “We are extremely grateful for Miguel’s leadership over the past four years. He has a deep understanding of marketing and consumers, which was instrumental to the company’s turnaround.
Accelerated growth under new head
“The transition from Miguel to Carlos reflects the Board’s thoughtful succession planning and we are confident that the Company will continue to accelerate growth with Carlos assuming the role of CEO.
“Carlos’ leadership in transforming North America with innovative partnerships, tech-enabled solutions and developing and attracting world class talent will serve the Company well into the future. We look forward to continuing to work with him.”
Meanwhile, AG Barr chief executive Roger White is to retire from the position at the Irn Bru maker after more than 21 years in the role.
The Kraft Heinz Company:
- Executive vice president and president, North America Zone: January 2022 to present
- President, US Zone: February 2020 to present
- Executive vice president and president, Campbell Snacks: November 2019 to February 2020
- Senior vice president and presidnet, Campbell Snacks: April 2019 to November 2019
- President, Campbell Snacks: 2018 to November 2019
- Presidnet, Pepperidge Farms: September 2015 to 2018
- President, Gum and Candy Latin America: January 2015 to August 2015
- President, Mondelēz Mexico: September 2013 to December 2014
- Senior vice president, global beverages: January 2013 to September 2013
- Senior vice president, marketing and strategy: January 2011 to January 2013