From plant-based tuna to crabcakes, many players believe plantbased seafood represents a significant untapped opportunity in a sector dominated by beef, pork and chicken alternatives.
And while fish is considered to be healthier than, say, burgers and sausages, the laundry list of problems linked to seafood - from overfishing to contaminants, pollution, microplastics, fraud, mislabeling, illegal labor practices, habitat damage, and bycatch – is driving interest in greener, cleaner, and kinder alternatives.
- Ingredients: The evolving toolkit for seafood alternatives
- Formulation trends: Improving the taste, color, and texture of seafood alternatives
- Nutrition: Are they good for you, and are consumer expectations changing?
- The addressable market for seafood alternatives and go-to-market strategies, DTC, retail, foodservice etc.
- What are the primary purchase drivers for seafood alternatives and how do shoppers feel about the next generation of products?
- What are consumers looking for and how do we engage them?
- Exploring the white space in the market