In the opening session of FoodNavigator-USA’s free-to-attend Futureproofing The Food System Summit, Nov. 14-16, we will explore how cutting-edge technologies can help meet consumer demand for sustainable protein, where the alternative protein segment is headed, what challenges the segment faces and strategies for overcoming hurdles. We will also examine consumer and investor appetite for alternative proteins and willingness to embrace evolving food-tech. (Register today for this free, must-attend event.)
Moderated by FoodNavigator-USA’s Senior Editor Elizabeth Crawford, the session Delivering on the promise of cellular agriculture, precision fermentation and molecular farming to create more sustainable proteins will include insights and advice from industry pioneers:
- Irina Gerry, chief marketing officer at Change Foods;
- Gastón Paladini, co-founder and CEO of Moolec Science;
- Josh Tetrick, co-founder and CEO of Eat Just; and
- Paul Shapiro, CEO and co-founder of The Better Meat Co.
Together they will address:
- The relationship between legacy food production and supply chain systems to the emissions challenges that we see today and the pressing need for transformation.
- The potential for different technology to alleviate some of the pressure animal protein production is placing on the planet.
- The scope and potential impact of products made from mycelium, animal-free proteins, cultured proteins and animal proteins produced in plants.
- What it will take for each of their brands and the technology that underpins their businesses to scale to a point where they can make a meaningful impact on sustainability in the food system.
- When mainstream American may be able to taste and routinely buy products featuring their ingredients.
- Strategies for winning over consumers.
- Tips for fundraising in a current economic environment.
- What the next five years will hold.
Learn more about FoodNavigator-USA’s Futureproofing the Food System Summit and register for this must-attend, free event.