The meat alternatives market is heating up rapidly, with legacy brands now competing with titans from the animal meat industry as well as a wave of innovative startups. So where is this dynamic market heading next, how do we calculate the size of the prize, and what will the next generation of products look like?
- The evolving toolkit for meat alternatives: From soy, pea, wheat and faba beans to barley, chickpea and canola proteins, mycelium, and novel microbes
- Formulation trends: Improving the taste, color, and texture of meat alternatives
- Nutrition: Are they good for you, and are consumer expectations changing?
- The addressable market for meat alternatives: is there a ceiling, and if so, where is it?
- What are the primary purchase drivers for meat alternatives and how do shoppers feel about the next generation of products?
- What are consumers looking for and how do we engage them?
- Exploring the white space in the market