In recent years, sugar has become public enemy #1 in the food & beverage industry with consumers blaming the ingredient for a litany of health problems. But is this a fair assessment? And even if it isn’t, how is industry responding to meet evolving consumer demands?
In this live, free one-hour webinar, FoodNavigator-USA’s Deputy Editor Elizabeth Crawford will lead an expert panel of speakers through a 45-minute discussion on how consumers’ views on sugar are changing the way they shop, and as a result the way food and beverage manufacturers are making products. The last 15 minutes of the webinar will be dedicated to answering attendees’ questions. Specifically, the panel will look at:
- How consumers think about sugar and other sweeteners ranging from coconut sugar and date syrup to allulose, monk fruit and new stevia blends.
- How do consumer perceptions of sugar and sweeteners stack up to the science?
- Real life case studies analyzing the pros and cons of formulating with sugar and other sweeteners.
- How are labeling and regulatory changes related to sugar and sweeteners affecting the market?
- To what extent is the ‘GMO factor’ impacting purchasing decisions for sweeteners?