DeMeyer said the company’s expanded product line within the c-store channel is an opportunity to attract consumers seeking new snack experiences, while driving sales for retailers. He cited core item sales reaching upwards of 81% of Kellanova’s total consumption “have helped drive overall category growth over the past five years.”
The new lineup includes:
- Pringles Scorchin’ Buffalo contains 7,000 Scoville heat units in a buffalo flavor retailing at $4.29
- Pringles Harvest Blends hones in on the better-for-you category through its multi-grain ingredients and familiar Farmhouse Cheddar and Homestyle Ranch flavors, retailing at $4.29
- Pop-Tarts Bites Cinnamon Roll combines the brand’s popular flavor with convenience in a bite-size snack format for its Gen Z audience, retailing at $3.29
- Pop-Tarts Apple Jacks combines familiarity through the Apple Jacks flavors in the convenience of a Pop-Tart format, retailing at $1.49
- RXBAR A.M. Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate With 10g of protein, the snack bar blends flavor familiarity and diverse texture for $3.29
- Club Crisps in Sea Salt and Ranch is packaged in its recognizable green box, with savory flavors and a light texture retailing at SRP: $2.79
- Rice Krispies Treats® Original Homestyle Bar highlights consumers’ ongoing preferences for nostalgic snack flavors and experiences, with a thicker texture that mimics a homemade treat, retailing at $2.09
DeMeyer added, “While core brand favorites and familiar flavors remain important, new product innovation has the potential to drive additional sales by attracting consumers looking for variety, meeting changing needs, capitalizing on trends, and creating excitement. Successful innovations can complement our brand's core offerings and contribute to overall growth.”
By developing convenient packaging options like resealable packaging and smaller peg bags for c-store channels, DeMeyer noted these formats distinguish themselves from retail.
“While some of our innovation in the c-store channel aligns with what is also available in retail, many of our c-store innovations offer unique, more convenient packaging options, which include things like resealable packaging and smaller peg bags for the more 'on-the-go' crowd. So, by expanding our already-loved core brands, we are also setting our retailers up for success,” he said.
Image source: Kellanova