Designed as an “accelerator for our brands and CPG partners alike," according to Kroger COO Mike Donnelly, Stratum offers “multiple subscription packages to meet varying needs and budgets.”
Stratum “will dramatically change the way our brand partners plan and execute their marketing and merchandising budgets,” claimed 84.51° CEO Stuart Aitken.
Stratum Platinum offers data and insights on:
- SALES PERFORMANCE, including gross margin, with granularity down to item and store
- CUSTOMER PROFILING, segmenting households by behavior and demographics
- CUSTOMER BEHAVIOR, including composition of basket, cross-shop, and switching over time
- NEW ITEM PERFORMANCE, including trial and repeat, incrementality to existing set, and source of new item volume
- ECOMMERCE, insights across digital purchase modalities with comparison to performance in-store
- PROMOTION PLANNING AND EVALUATION versus everyday forecasted sales, including feature and display detail
- ASSORTMENT evaluation with category structures, with need states defined at item level
- INVENTORY TRACKING AND DEMAND FORECASTING, with visibility to DC and store supply, and in-store out-of-stock and distribution void conditions
- PRICE for everyday and during promotion, with price elasticities and classifications on P&P matrix
- SPACE MANAGEMENT tools including POG information and mapping for categories across the entire store
The announcement follows a tie up between Kroger and private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg to create PearlRock Partners, a new platform that will identify and invest in promising new CPG brands utilizing insights from 84.51°.
Read more about Stratum HERE.