In this FREE 60-minute webinar, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, we've brought together three exciting startups, an investor in alternative proteins, and a product innovation specialist, to explore the current protein landscape, from soy and pea to faba beans, plus the market potential for novel protein sources.
- Event: Protein 2.0 from plant-based to fungi, lemna, bacteria, and more
- Date: Wednesday September 15, 2021
- Time: 9.30am PT/12.30pm ET
- Duration of webinar: 60 minutes
AGENDA: In our debate, moderated by FoodNavigator-USA editor Elaine Watson, we’ll discuss:
- Protein potential: Assessing the market opportunity for plant-based and ‘alternative’ proteins
- The investor perspective: How are investors viewing the protein landscape?
- Yield and sustainability: What’s the greenest, most efficient way to make high-quality food protein?
- Comparing proteins: Taste, performance, nutrition
- Consumers and next-generation proteins: Labeling, marketing
The first 50 minutes will be devoted to the panel discussion, and we’ll leave the remaining 10 minutes for audience questions to our expert panel (pictured left to right):
- Tony Martens, co-founder at Plantible Foods, which is extracting RuBisCO protein from lemna, a fast-growing aquatic plant
- Adam Noble, co-founder and CEO of Noblegen, which is growing an ancient micro-organism called euglena gracilis that naturally produces a range of ingredients from proteins, to beta-glucans with immune health benefits
- Dr Bryan Tracy, co-founder of Superbrewed Food, which is growing a whole food ingredient from a bacteria that’s very high in protein that works particularly well in dairy-free cheeses and other products
- Barb Stuckey, president and chief innovation officer at Mattson, a product innovation company that has worked with scores of players in the food and beverage industry from startups to multinationals
- Nick Cooney, founder and managing partner at Lever VC, a venture capital fund making early stage investments in alternative protein companies
Register HERE for this FREE event, which is sponsored by AIC, Cargill, Merit Functional Foods, and T Hasegawa.
And please make sure you send us questions you'd like us to put to our speakers during the event via the box on the right-hand side of the registration page! Or email Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org or message her on twitter at @EWatsonWrites