We’ve got an amazing lineup of speakers at the 2019 FoodNavigator-USA FOOD FOR KIDS summit, from new brands such as Freeli Foods, Brainiac Kids, Raised Real and Serenity Kids; to established players, from Chobani and Kraft Heinz to Ocean Spray and Mondelez.
Building on feedback from last year's event, we’ll explore how millennial moms are thinking about the plant-based trend (are kids drinking almondmilk and eating Beyond Burgers?), the changing dynamics in the baby food category, how to conduct product testing with kids, and whether ‘brain food for kids’ is an underexplored segment for product developers.
Chobani president Peter McGuinness will explain how new kids’ brand Gimmies went from concept to launch, Mondelez SnackFutures will discuss the kids’ snacking segment, experts from SPINS and Euromonitor will share their insights into the white space in the kids’ food & beverage market, and Bean Sprouts Café co-founder Shannon Seip will explain why fast casual for kids can be healthy and fun.
In this year’s event we’ll also delve into how kids’ flavor preferences are developed (can you train your children to love broccoli?), explore whether we’re making any real progress on tackling childhood obesity, and discover the importance of maternal nutrition on children’s health and future development (you are what your mother ate?).
Held at Chicago’s W Hotel November 18-20, FOOD FOR KIDS 2019 will include:
- KIDS AND THE PLANT-BASED TREND: How are parents incorporating plant-based alternatives into their children’s diets? And what are the nutritional implications? With Michele DeKinder-Smith
- at Linkage Research.
- CONSUMER PANEL: We will open with a panel of local parents, who delegates can quiz about everything from pester power to beverage choices for kids, favorite retailers and restaurants to what they look for on food labels.
- TRAILBLAZERS: Three emerging brands that have developed innovative new products or business models in the kids’ food space will present their innovations live on stage in front of our expert panel featuring Lauren Jupiter at Accelfoods, Matthew Sade at Freeli Foods, and Barb Stuckey from Mattson.
- YOU ARE WHAT YOUR MOTHER ATE: Explore the science of epigenetics with Dr Robert Murray from Ohio State University.
- ARE WE MAKING PROGRESS ON CHILDHOOD OBESITY? The latest stats and insights from the CDC.
- YUCK OR YUM: Product testing with kids with Keren Novack from Curion Insights and Emily Kimmins from Kraft Heinz.
- CAN YOU TRAIN YOUR KIDS TO LOVE BROCCOLI? How are kids' flavor preferences developed? With Dr Catherine Forestell from William & Mary.
- CASE STUDIES: From Gimmies (Chobani) to Freeli Foods, Mondelez SnackFutures, and Brainiac Kids, learn from companies building dedicated kids' food brands.
- THE SIZE OF THE PRIZE Hear from SPINS and Euromonitor about the market opportunity for kids' foods and beverages.
- FORMULATING FOR KIDS: From sweetness to texture to flavor, what do kids like? With Yummy Spoonfuls, Peekaboo Ice Cream, Kidfresh and more.
- KIDS BEVERAGES IN FOCUS: What are kids drinking? With Ocean Spray, Rethink Brands, Euromonitor, and more.
- THE FUTURE OF BABY FOOD: Is the future fresh? And should babies eat more meat? With Serenity Kids, Fresh Bellies, lil'gourmets, and Raised Real.
- CLEAN LABEL IN FOCUS: Beyond the ingredients list with the Clean Label Project...
- FAST CASUAL FOR KIDS: Can fast-casual for kids be healthy and fun? Learn how BeanSprouts Café found the sweet spot.